Two Rows

Discussions about beer, life, that sort of thing

Moderator: Jimmy Orkin

Whitis02

Two Rows

Post by Whitis02 »

I just got done eating lunch at the Greenville location and they have removed all brewing equipment. The sign in the front room explained that all beer would be brewed at the Brewmaster's new microbrewery, anybody know anything about that?
Whitis02

Post by Whitis02 »

Ok I found something

http://www.mckinneytexas.org/Associatio ... -14-07.pdf

Search for Dennis Wehrmann in the PDF, it was back in August but it might be something.
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Addison removed its brewery too. I had heard someone mention McKinney, but don't know where the brewery is or when it will be operational.
Moonknight013

Post by Moonknight013 »

think i heard someone say they were looking at property in the carrollton area around 35/valwood pkwy, but don't know how accurate that would be.
Jayzen008

Post by Jayzen008 »

I called them the other day and they said they no longer brew on sight but would not tell me where there brewery moved to. And BJ's Dose not brew on sight ether they ship there beer in from Califorina. I called them too.
Whitis02

Post by Whitis02 »

I know St. Arnold's brewery makes some of BJ's Jeremiah Red. When I was down there a few years ago I was reading what was being brewed in each tank and saw that.
Guerra

Post by Guerra »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Whitis02</i>
<br />I know St. Arnold's brewery makes some of BJ's Jeremiah Red. When I was down there a few years ago I was reading what was being brewed in each tank and saw that.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You can buy BJ beer in kegs from Kegs and Barrels. If you go to the Kegs and Barrels web site http://www.kegsandbarrels.com/keg.htm "Download our price list" you will see all the BJ beers listed.
Orlando
Captain Kangabrew

Post by Captain Kangabrew »

I know the brewer, Dennis Wehrmann, a little. I traded e-mails with him last week and he said that he just got up and running in the last couple of weeks, and that he is brewing like mad to fill up his fermenters.

It looks like this is the official webite http://franconibrewery.blogspot.com/ , but it has not been updated since August 2007. I will try to post updates as I here more.
Fred David

Post by Fred David »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jayzen008</i>
<br />I called them the other day and they said they no longer brew on sight but would not tell me where there brewery moved to. And BJ's Dose not brew on sight ether they ship there beer in from Califorina. I called them too.

Actually, St Arnolds brews all of BJ's beer here in Texas. Texas law will not allow BJ's to bring beer in from out of state from its own brewery. In Texas the only way for a resturant to serve beer thaT it brews is to brew on premise. That is part of the reason that Two Rows got out of the businees of brewing on premise. They were not allowed to take beer from Greenville or Addison and serve it in Allen.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
Jayzen008

Post by Jayzen008 »

WOW you sure schooled me Fred
Mike Grover

Post by Mike Grover »

Unfortunately, this is just one of the reasons that Texas has so few brewpubs and microbreweries despite a huge population and tons of restaurants. Similar rules prevent brewpubs like BJs and Two Rows from being able to bottle and sell their beer in stores, and micros like Rahr from being able to sell any of their beer directly to consumers at their brewery.