2022 Labor of Love

Discussion of Competitions outside of the Club.
Walter Hodges

2022 Labor of Love

Post by Walter Hodges »

I just registered two beers for the Labor of Love at Craft and Growler. Is anyone else entering or planning on attending?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Jimmy Orkin

Re: 2022 Labor of Love

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I moved this topic from Internal to External competitions.

How was the LOL competition? I was stuck at home with health issues.

Is the NTHBA's involvement worth supporting LoL in the future?
Jimmy Orkin
2024 IT Guy
Walter Hodges

Post by Walter Hodges »

Those of us that have participated in these types of events know that that people's choice is a popularity contest or least beer flavored beer flavor contest. I do expect the official judging to be at an experienced judge or higher level.

That said, I think I am done giving away 5-10 gallons of my own beer to people who don't appreciate it.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
James Smith

Post by James Smith »

Depends on who we work with in the future if we wanted to pursue it/own it. I think people liked the Deep Ellum LoL, and the C&G event seemed well received by the attendees. As an entrant like Walter, I would have been disappointed. They were used to get people down there without much support. When that happens, there isn't a feeling of wanting to ever do it again. The sponsoring venue has to support the entrants with a well run event and supplies(ice, water, space, etc.)
Cheers!
Smitty