Kill Limbo Ciders and Seltzers Medal Category

Discussion about our club's competition, The Limbo Challenge.
Jimmy Orkin

Kill Limbo Ciders and Seltzers Medal Category

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

The Limbo only had 4 entries in Ciders and Seltzers.

While I do enjoy being the Seltzer Master, I think we need to drop that category going forward.

Thoughts?
Jimmy Orkin
2024 IT Guy
Jason Garland

Re: Kill Limbo Ciders and Seltzers Medal Category

Post by Jason Garland »

I am amenable to the change. It's one less category to judge. And we're a beer club.
James Smith

Post by James Smith »

I too am in favor of dropping cider and seltzer. Seltzer more so than cider since cider and mead are part of BJCP. Seltzer seems to have run its course.
Cheers!
Smitty
Terry Olinger

Post by Terry Olinger »

I have to agree. The novelty is wearing off and we had limited entries.
Walter Hodges

Post by Walter Hodges »

I also agree that seltzer and ciders need to be dropped from the Limbo. We need to look over all of the categories and see if anything else needs to be dropped or consolidated.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Jason Garland

Post by Jason Garland »

Jason Garland wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:41 pm I am amenable to the change. It's one less category to judge. And we're a beer club.
As an addendum to this post from two years ago: Amanda is sad that cider got axed because that's what she likes to brew. And I am sad that I seconded removing the category because I have a cider in cold storage I could've entered, too. Oh well...
James Smith

Post by James Smith »

Jason Garland wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:00 pm As an addendum to this post from two years ago: Amanda is sad that cider got axed because that's what she likes to brew. And I am sad that I seconded removing the category because I have a cider in cold storage I could've entered, too. Oh well...
I think cider is an issue of numbers and we just don’t have the numbers to support it…and besides, y’all get to enjoy it instead of some schlep judge :D
Cheers!
Smitty