Education Ideas for 2024

Discussions about the club from the Education Director's responsibilities.
David Bierschenk

Education Ideas for 2024

Post by David Bierschenk »

Hello All!

I am exited to be the Minister of Education for the club this year. Since there was no minister of education last year and I have been a member of the club for only one year, I would like to start by asking for input from all of you on the educational topics and events which would be interesting and helpful to you.
I would like to get input from as many of you as possible.

The input I am looking for is:

Topics
  • What beer and brewing topics interest you right now? Is there a new style everyone should know about, or an old idea to bring back?
  • What do you want to learn to improve your brewing?
  • What have you learned that you want to teach?
  • What do you want to know about other club members’ brewing? Would a survey of members equipment or techniques be interesting?
The experience level of club members ranges from new brewers to brewers with decades of experience brewing award winning beer. Many topics can be targeted to a wide range of experience levels, but to target the right levels we need… your input!

Type of educational sessions
Besides newsletter articles, what kind of educational events are you interested in?
  • Tasting or sensory demonstrations such as dosing a beer with varying amounts of water salts, or an off-flavors class.
  • Guest experts at meetings
  • Technique demonstrations at brew days
  • Experiments?
And where and when should these events take place? Club meetings, brew days, or at a special session?

Anything Else?
There are whole categories of educational ideas that I haven’t thought of, so if you have more ideas please let me know!

Cheers!

David