TapCooler Counter Pressure bottle filler

A place to discuss equipment used in making beer. Kettles, Tuns, Fermentors, All in One, Chillers or any other devices you can think of.
Terry Olinger

TapCooler Counter Pressure bottle filler

Post by Terry Olinger »

In the March 2022 newsletter, https://nthba.org/nthba_documents/newsfile/2022-03.pdf , Smitty reviewed the TapCooler counter pressure bottle filler. I have been looking to upgrade my homemade CP filler and finally got a chance to borrow a TapCooler to try out. I tried it out this morning and it worked great, even on a hefeweizen carbonated to 3.0 volumes.

It is very compact and easy to operate. Normally I would reduce CO2 pressure down to 4 psi to reduce foaming, but I had no problem bottling at 7 psi for my witbier, and 10 psi for my hefe. I did not have a clearance issue like Smitty had since I have the taps on the side of my refrigerator and a narrow drip tray gave plenty of clearance. I also could turn the filler so the bleed valve/overflow port was tilted down toward the kegerator and could set a cup underneath to catch any foam or drips from the overflow port.

Disassembly and cleaning was very simple. I am adding this to my Christmas list, if I can wait that long.
Jimmy Orkin

Re: TapCooler Counter Pressure bottle filler

Post by Jimmy Orkin »

I have a More Beer counter pressure filler I bought after I had a Blichmann Beer Gun for a couple of years. I liked the Beer Gun but I could not fill bottles with high carbonation like my Hefe with it, foamed excessively. The counter pressure filler solved that problem. I now use the counter pressure filler exclusively now.

Here is a picture of my filler:
CF Filler2.jpg
CF Filler2.jpg (11.21 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Jimmy Orkin
2024 IT Guy
James Smith

Post by James Smith »

Glad you like it, Terry! I love mine! Cheers!
Cheers!
Smitty
James Smith

Post by James Smith »

Worth noting that I saw a couple in stock at North Texas Homebrew Supply the other day :)

https://northtexashomebrew.com/
Cheers!
Smitty